Guess Who's In Your Dinner?
Most of my patients are horrified when I tell them they have parasites. First of all, your body as a host for unwanted guests is a hard concept to grasp, and secondly, some think it's a strange kind of attack on their cleanliness. This leads many to spend an inordinate amount of time assuring me that their personal hygiene is impeccable. As one very clean lady from the South said after being told she had parasites, "But, only dirty people get worms..." The sad truth is that unless you employ the Howard Hughes method of cleanliness, will have parasites.
As a matter of fact, I'm pretty clean and I am just getting over a bout of "worms" after having had a bad piece of sushi at an unnamed sushi bar here in Boulder. It wasn't even raw fish. It was cooked, but it was obviously an ailing piece of unagi.
Some of the widely varied symptoms are: Itchy ears, nose and anus, yellowish face, unclear thinking, fast heartbeat, blurry vision, lethargy, numb hands, damp lips at night, dry lips during the day, bed wetting, eating more than normal but still feeling hungry, pain in the navel, pain in the back, thighs, shoulders, burning sensation in the stomach, grinding teeth while asleep.
How do we get them? They are most often contacted by consuming contaminated foods and water, contact with an infected insect or pet, sexual contact with an infected person, touching the parasite or its eggs, or inhaling dust laden with parasite eggs (as in changing the cat litter). Remember, a parasite can be as big as a 33 foot long fish tape worm with thousands of segments laying more than 1,000,000 eggs per day, or as small as a bacterium. But, regardless of the size, all parasites act the same; they all suck energy and nutrition from their host.
Some of the more common parasites are:
My feeling is that we never, ever get rid of all of our parasites forever. The best we can do is maintain an uneasy truce, aware that at any time our tenuous balance may shift in favor of the parasite, as in my wormy sushi experience, Dr. Herman Bueno, specialist in tropical medicine and parasites, informed the 1995 Fungal/Mycotoxin Conference in Toronto that, "Most people still believe that using the anti-parasitical drugs will 'cure' the problem once and for all. Reality indicates differently. They are with us forever, waiting only for the time when immune resistance in low and they can proliferate with ease."
Now that I have everyone totally disgusted and freaked out: Yes, there is something we can do for all the alien life forms mentioned above. I carry at least 8 products that kill parasites and 5 products that kill yeast, fungus and molds. It's a long, sometimes boring and arduous process to get rid of our little unwanted friends, but it's really best to "put them in their place" in our internal eco-system. Don't wait. Do it now.
home directions about me what i do mission statement handouts newsletters suggested reading archived hot news webmaster
No statement or content in this web site shall be construed as offering diagnosis, cure, mitigation or prevention of any disease. Anyone having questions regarding the content of this site should contact their own health care provider for verification.