Cold and Flu Rescue
You know that something is wrong. Maybe you have the beginnings of a scratchy throat, you've been really tired for the past few days for no reason, your eyes are tired. You know you are coming down with something. What do you do?
First of all, call me ASAP for an appointment. Together, we can figure out what kind of critter you have and through muscle testing decide what kind of supplements you should take either to avoid getting sick or at the very least to shorten the length and severity of your cold/flu.
What if you can't get a hold of me? What if you are away on a trip somewhere? Here are some basic cold defense products to have on hand at home at all times. Travel with them. You can get most of these products from me.
1) Gan Mao Ling: This is great for the very first line of defense. It's a powerful little pill from China. Don't get the kind at Whole Foods. Get the kind I have from the Asian Market. Start with 5 pills every 2 hours or so, until you think you have averted the problem. Gan Mao Ling is only good at the very beginning -if you think you are getting something. If you already have a full fledged cold/flu, stop taking the Gan Mao Ling.
2) Zinc lozenges: Start by sucking (not chewing) on 1/4 lozenge every 30 minutes. If you get nauseated, stop immediately as this could be a sign of zinc toxicity.
3) 3% Hydrogen Peroxide: Start this immediately. Put a three or four drops of H202 in each ear - one at a time. There will be some tickling bubbling and in the rare case, some mild stinging. Lie down with the treated ear up and wait until the bubbling subsides (5-10 minutes). Do the other ear. Repeat every four hours. Don't get H202 in your eyes. This is safe for kids, but they might be afraid of the loud bubbling.
4) Phytogen, Isatis and Coptis: This will take care of both viruses and bacteria. Start with two of each every 2 hours for the first day then cut back. Coptis is a foul tasting tincture but works like a dream. Start with 2 droppers full every 2 hours in a bit of juice or water then cut back. By then you may have seen me and we can adjust your dose. Don't worry, you can't OD on these supplements, and at first you will need very large doses to jump start your healing.
5) Buffered C Powder: Start by taking about 1/2 t. every hour in water or diluted juice until you reach bowel tolerance. If you are getting sick, this may be many grams of vitamin C, so be forewarned.
6) Essential Oils: The most important oil now is Thieves. Use liberally on your throat, chest, lymph nodes and feet. (Kids: Use liberally on feet.) Also get Purification and R.C. and use the same way, although RC is especially good for chest colds and asthma. Essential oils are not just a pretty face; they are very powerful healing agents.
Other things to do. Don't go to work. Sleep as much as you can. Devote your days to getting well. Eat lightly if at all, (if your dog feels bad, she will refuse food), but drink lots of liquids. As soon as you can, make yourself the following concoction.
Just say no to drugs. Never reduce a fever of under 103 degrees with drugs. The fever is there for a reason. Fevers are never dangerous as long as you keep hydrated. Most colds and flus are caused by viruses, so antibiotics would never work anyway.
Make sure your bowels are moving well; this will get rid of accumulated waste and toxins. If you are constipated, you will retain the toxins longer and be sick longer. Start by using I t. of Herbal Bulk (or psyllium) in diluted juice 4 times a day. Eat prunes or take a laxative. A couple of plain or coffee enemas would be very good now.
The Hot Tea/Hot Bath Combo: First of all, make the following tea (or use the one above): A tablespoon each of elder flower, peppermint and yarrow in a quart of water. Or you can just buy a packaged detox or cold/flu tea and use several tea bags to one quart of water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, then steep for about 1/2 an hour. Put your strained steeped hot tea in a thermos and drink it while you are in the hot tub. Put at least 1 cup each of baking soda and Epsom Salts in the bath water along with a few drops of Thieves. Lie there and sweat for as long as you can. Carefully get out of the tub (you may be dizzy), wrap yourself up in your coziest bathrobe, lie down and keep sweating. This will create an artificial fever and will help your white blood cells zap the bad guys. (If you have a fever, forget the hot tub process.)
Prevention: The most important thing: Wash your hands! Keep washing them! This is how bacteria and viruses are transmitted. Shaking hands with an infected person will be more dangerous for you than kissing them. Anti-bacterial soaps are not effective. Don't use them. Stop eating all sugar, especially around the holidays when everyone is getting sick. Sugar has been proven to kill your white blood cells for up to 4 hours. What will you fight incoming bugs with if you have no immune system? Start upping your raw garlic intake as garlic is an antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agent. Add more plain yogurt to your diet or take an acidophilus/bifidus supplement. Eat right and on the alkaline side. Ask me for my sheet that explains acid/alkaline balance. There are also many immune enhancing supplements which you could take. You can ask me about them.
Flu Shots: I avoid them. Flu shots are made from toxic chemicals and virus strains grown on living tissue. Flu shots contain antifreeze, carbolic acid, formaldehyde, aluminum, mercury and neomycin or streptomycin. Flu shots are thought to promote Alzheimer's disease, cancer, chronic fatigue and very bad cases of the flu. If you still want a flu shot, ask your M.D. to provide you with the insert that reveals the composition of this year's flu vaccination (which is a crapshoot determined by the CDC anyway) and read that. Then it's up to you.
home about me what i do mission statement handouts newsletters suggested reading archived hot news search webmaster
No statement or content in this web site shall be construed as offering diagnosis, cure, mitigation or prevention of any disease. Anyone having questions regarding the content of this site should contact their own health care provider for verification.